I recently bought four sets of the GW tree sets figuring even though I don't play much (or at all) they are pretty much a hobby investment y'know? Like cuff links for a guy or a little black dress for a girl, you are safe in the knowledge they're there to call on in an emergency.
So over the last couple of weeks I've been assembling and I'm currently in the removal of mould lines, only four more trees to go before I can start greenstuffing the cracks. I've found this kit does not fit together amazingly well. Some really large gaps are visible.
I have made a beginning on the first of the trees, starting with a green Basecoat, followed by a cream drybrush and a wash of secret weapon concrete wash. More specific colours will be in the next post.
The base is still to be finished but I'm not doing much more to the tree, it's gaming standard I'm aiming for.