Tuesday, 31 May 2011

Finished Vampire Counts Models

Hi gang,

I may have been quiet on the blog front but I've been busy. Firstly I've finished the Necromancer and about time too, as I was just getting to the point where I was sick at looking at it and wanted to move onto something else. I polished him off in a couple of hours to get him out of the way before I moved onto something else.

Finished Necromancer
Things I'm happy with: How the purple and yellow play off each other, the skin, the warpstone and the frog. Things that need work: The contrast
Things I would change: I'd change the base if I could go back.

So onto the next stage of the Vampire Counts army. I decided to do all the spirit units in the army in one foul swoop as I intended to paint them all the same. The airbrush really came into its own here. A undercoat of GW Foundation Astromican Grey followed by a zential highlight from the top of PP Morrow White. Once these were dry I gave each mini a wash with GW Thraka Green and Asurmen Blue. I then added my army colour to the units by picking out one or two objects with a light wash of GW Leviathan Purple. Enough of waffle...........photo's!


The snow on the base was made using a mixture of PVA and Biacarbonate of Soda. It's not perfect I'm still trying to get the mixtures right.

Ghouls and Dire Wolves next I think.

Sunday, 8 May 2011

Necomancer WiP Continued 2

Hi all,

I'm continuing slowly but surely with this Necromancer model. I really am enjoying painting him. Since my last post I've completed the yellow stoll and moved onto getting the basecoats done for the satchels and the cards that are pinned around the mini. 

Necromancer WiP 8th May
I think this is the most representive picture of the mini I've gotten to date, taken just in plain daylight with a little bit of threshold work done in GIMP. There is a nice shine off of him but a final matt varnish coat should take that out of it. I'm trying to come up with some nice freehand symbols for the cards. I might have a look through the Mordheim and VC Army book for some inspiration.


Wednesday, 4 May 2011

Another Nercomancer WiP

I got some advice to darken the shadows of this mini over on Platoon Briticannia, which I've now done by mixing some Dark Angels Green into the Liche Purple basecoat. I'm quite pleased with how this has turned out. I must now go and rehighlight the model to bring up the contrast.

Still having a devil of a time trying to get the photo's right though.
Posted by Picasa

Related Posts

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Search This Blog