Thursday 8 April 2010

Inital Airbrushing Impressions

Hi all,

So i've been playing around with my airbrush and so far its been a fairly steep learning curve. The pressure setting on the compressor was the inital varable I was focusing on. The compressor seems to be able to give me anywhere between 5 and 60psi, which from my reading online is more than what I need for hobby airbrushing. From there I have been focusing on the gravity feed airbrush, this airbrush has a 0.3mm nozzle. Some blogs and forum topics have recommended a 0.25mm nozzle, but I'm happen enough to use this size for the time being to get some experience using this nozzle. 

I practiced airbrushing by basecoating the base of the forgeworld large scale marine with black.
 I think it worked pretty well. The main thing for me it seems is that I need to get the proportion of paint to thinner right. I've had problems with the paint being too thin when I applied. I pressume this will come with time and practice. The red marks were used for the pinning of the feet to the base, while the resin showing through happened when I was doing said pinning. I'm going to continue doing the ground work with the airbrush, next up some brown paint.

Finally I came up with what I think was one of my greatest idea's.

A piece of wood with holes in it you say? I was having a problem with holding my mini's in between painting, so one piece of wood which had a quick run in with a drill later.............

So once a mini is pinned and when I want to use both my hands, in the mini goes to the piece of wood.

Onward and upward from here!

1 comment:

  1. I'm looking forward to seeing your experience with the compressor. How big is it? What about the noise? I've considered one, of course, but living in shared accommodation doesn't really bode well for its use.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Search This Blog