Sunday 22 August 2010

My first Painted WFB Regiment

I've done it! As the title of the blog says, I've managed to paint a WFB regiment for the first time in my life. In fairness though I wasn't trying too hard previously, this being my first proper attempt at it.

So two post ago I had outlined the constructing and basing of the Lizardman Battlation I had purchased a couple of years ago. Well I got the colour scheme down, and over the last week got settled down and painted it up. The scheme is easy enough to allow me to paint fairly fast.

Skin:
GW Foundation Macharius Solar Orange, followed by a strong wash of Baal Red
Scales:
GW Foundation Fenris Grey, drybrush of Game Colour Dead Flesh, followed by a strong wash of Baal Red
Metals:
Tin Blitz
Sheilds and Totem:
Game Colour Falcon Turquoise, drybrush of Game Colour Dead Flesh, strong wash of GW Asurmen Blue
Bone/Teeth/Weapons:
GW Foundation Dheneb Stone, strong wash of GW Devlan Mud
Base:
GW Scorched Brown, drybrush of Game Colour Bonewhite

So as you can see absolutely nothing fancy whatsoever in terms of technique, but I am very happy with the way the unit turned out, and God knows if I am to make it through painting the whole Battalion I need a quick and easy painting method. Anyway onto pictures.



Next up Skinks!

1 comment:

  1. They look OK dude, but something bothers me. The grey scales sort of seem odd, the two colours appear much too separate. I am unsure how to explain it, but it just doesn't sit well with my eyes.

    I do look forward to seeing more stuff though dude, I would like to see you get a fantasy army out on the tables.

    Then perhaps to WHW for the next LO meet next year. -__^ =P

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Search This Blog