Monday 13 February 2012

Vampires, Airbrushes and Cygnar

Hi gang,

over the weekend I finished up the Vampire Countess I have been painting. I've been painting her over the last two weeks and it's a miniature that I really enjoyed painting.
Vampire Countess (Avatar of War)
I'm fairly happy with how she turned out, especially the reds and the skin. The pictures may be a bit dark and they are something I need to improve but I was also quite happy with the dark black armour, which I highlighted with Turquoise Blue to try and give it a steel look. I was really trying to achieve the classic, white skin/black hair/red cloak vampire look and I'm reasonably happy with how she turned out.

I also started work on the Cygnar Battlebox I purchased a month or two ago. I had the set already cleaned up and glued together but I broke out the airbrush and set to work with gusto. Firstly I primed white with Vallejo White Primer.

White Undercoat Cygnar Battlebox
I then used masking medium to block out the white areas I wanted to keep.

Blocked of masking medium
 I then used Vallejo Game Colour Enchanted Blue to give a good base colour to work from.



And that's where I left that battlegroup at the moment. The plan is to darken the blue up a little bit but at the same time have a very clean bright colour scheme. I don't normally undercoat my mini's white so it's going to be a learning curve for me.

Talk to you guys later.

1 comment:

  1. Pretty sweet Vampire: I like the reds a lot. Not so sure about the black parts, they don't look 'done' to me - might just be the photo though.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Search This Blog