Wednesday 9 November 2011

Painting the Merc Mariner Warjack

Hi all,

just a very quick update about what I've started working on. As you probably guessed by the title of the post it's a Mariner Warjack for the Mercenary Faction in Warmachine. I just love this Jack mainly because it uses an anchor and ship cannon as weapons!

Inital Work
So there is not much to show you guys just yet. I've pinned him together and basecoated him with Chaos Black spray paint. This was then followed by a couple of thinned down layers of Boltgun metal to get a nice even coat of metal.

What you cannot see in this photo though is the layer of Matt Varnish I sprayed over the metal, followed by a layer of hairspray when the varnish was dry.

I made the wooden planking from coffee stirrers, in an effort to recreate a ship's deck planking.

More updates as I progress.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Search This Blog